Get The Look
For our hair look this season at the Rebecca Minkoff Spring 2014 runway show, Rebecca was inspired by an old photo of Bianca Jagger in Mexico and Frida Kahlo.
The result? A modern reinterpretation of their iconic braided updos into a wearable, textured style that is intentionally imperfect.
Get this look for yourself with tips from TRESemmé Stylist, Jeanie Syfu.
1. Prep damp hair with TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Foaming Mousse and rough dry
2. Create a messy zig-zag side part, from the hairline to the center of the nape and clip to separate
3. From the heavier side of the part take another zig-zag section behind the ear and clip, to create three separate sections
4. Back brush hair for texture and create a ponytail in each section, positioned behind the ear
5. Tease lengths of hair and spray lightly with TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray
6. Create a 4-strand braid with each ponytail and fasten with an elastic
7. Wrap braids around the top of the head, tucking the end of the braids under and fasten with bobby pins
8. Finish with TRESemmé Fresh Start Color Care Dry Shampoo for a matte undone look
- TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Foaming Mousse
- TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray
- TRESemmé Fresh Start Color Care Dry Shampoo
- Teasing brush
- Blow dryer
- Small clear elastics
- Bobby pins
- Hair pins
See more backstage and runway photos here.
Relive the entire Spring 2014 fashion show on RebeccaMinkoff.com.