Rebecca Minkoff is looking to bring on the Social Media Director who will oversee a small team and lead the development and implementation of marketing strategies for all domestic and international social media channels for Rebecca Minkoff. Responsibilities include working closely with the retail, marketing, and PR teams, developing creative briefs for the Art Director, creating and sourcing original and eye-catching imagery, and developing influencer and consumer engagement strategies.
They will oversee all insight tools and work closely with the Sr. Manager of CRM to analyze the social community, from fan engagement, to influencers, to preferences. All strategies should be informed with deep analytics, with a key focus on breakthrough ideas and innovation.
They will be charged with generating brand awareness, ensuring that content for all channels is strategic, ingenious, engaging, authentic, and transparent. They will be responsible for all created and published visual and social content. They will collaborate with the copy writer to ensure consistency with brand voice. They will provide a consistent brand tone, visual communication, and strategy for all marketing efforts to ensure the marketing plan is a guiding inspiration and the brand story is being communicated across all channels. They must embrace the art of story telling.
This individual will have a deep understanding of research and analytics in an effort to create content and marketing plans that are informed by audience data. In addition, the role requires oversight of campaign analysis and lessons learned.
The ideal candidate is collaborative, creative, detail-oriented and can manage several projects at once with minimal supervision. This position reports to the VP of Global Integrated Marketing and works closely with the Art Director.
Essential Job Functions::
- Manage brand social media channels
- Support marketing team with developing, deploying, and managing social media marketing programs and technologies to create campaigns in support of product, brand, and marketing initiatives across social networks
- Ensure cohesive storytelling across all channels (including retail, ecommerce & wholesale partners) through high-impact campaigns and initiatives that drive engagement and, ultimately, revenue
- Oversee the management of all organic social media advertising programs in collaboration with the e-commerce team
- Work closely with the Customer Service team to develop a Facebook messenger channel
- Creative thinker who can oversee and brainstorm innovative ideas/strategies to support brand initiatives with focus on influencers and consumer engagement
- Support, define and develop influencer marketing strategy to encourage advocacy and support key launches
- Partner closely with Retail, Creative and Marketing/PR teams to align priorities and serve as a true brand curator, ensuring consistent, effective content activation
- Develop paid media strategies and optimize performance of campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Benchmark and research competitor and industry leaders in social media
- Constantly explore and evaluate new social platforms, tools, services and vendors, and provide recommendations to Manager
- Facilitate and lead communication with Marketing/PR and Creative teams by scheduling and driving ongoing meeting
- Keep teams up to date on content best practices and content calendar to drive brand consistency
- Oversee community management to translate social sentiment/listening into ideas and strategy
- Strong knowledge of current trends in food, fashion and entertainment
- Track and report metrics and trends with strategic analysis and recommendations
- Strong ability to conceptualize, create, source and edit eye-catching images
- The ability to art direct with a photographer when needed
- Must be customer service minded with a responsibility to handle requests, concerns and complaints with quick efficiency
- Other duties as assigned
- Results Driven
- Expert in digital marketing, social media and social platforms
- Established relationships with the digital community
- Ability to understand brand voice and social selling
- Familiarity with content management platforms
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in both web and social media analytics and experience in pulling reporting, measuring campaign performance and analyzing metrics to support overall social strategy and to make content recommendations based on customer insights.
- Excellent communication, writing, project management, presentation, cross-functional collaboration and relationship building skills are critical
- An understanding of SEO and content marketing
- Highly proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Excel
- Curious and career-focused, self motivated to stay on top of new social media venues and opportunities
- Proficient in Photoshop
- Ability to work consistently and urgently in a fast-paced environment
- Deep familiarity of and passion for social media communities and marketing approaches, with an eye towards innovation
- Ability to manage up and down and to work collaboratively with other team members.
- 5-7 years of hands-on experience in social marketing campaigns
- Experience in executing campaigns and utilizing multiple social platforms to build awareness, engage new and existing customers and increase conversion via site, store and other potential points of purchase
- BA or BS required